Tuesday, August 24, 2010

San Francisco Fashion and Food: Part I

One week ago, my husband and I took a weekend trip to San Francisco- the perfect place for food and fashion. This is Part I of a two part series. I realize now as I plan this post that I need to be more bold with my candid picture-taking. (By the way, what's the etiquette for this?) For this fashion post, I have no pictures of the actual fashions I witnessed there. Please accept the pictures I've found online to supplement this time.

The summer scarf. Out of all American cities, San Francisco is probably one of the few to have actual use for it. In this unseasonably cold Californian summer, SFers wear this new trend well.


from marieclaire.com

from marieclaire.com

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25272738


Fringe. Yes! Fringe is back. I can't be in Union Square without perusing Saks Fifth. Again, can't afford to buy, but if you want to know what's "in", GO TO SAKS. Love it! Tangent: I felt pretty good about my choice of style that day when I got the most absolutely pleasant smile from a gentleman greeting shoppers with perfume samples. Who knows. Maybe it was a sympathy smile, but I prefer to believe it was a you-look-like-you-belong-here-and-you're-a-beautiful-breath-of-fashion-air smile. Maybe I'll recreate the outfit and post the pictures to get your feedback. OK, back to fringe. Saks and the fashion magazines are boasting fringe. Fringe hit the scene in 2010 Spring fashions. It's still in; it's still fabulous. Do it and be bold- please.

Jimmy Choo Bag
Photo courtesy of jimmychoo.com

Marc Jacobs Bag
Photo by Marcio Madeira
From vogue.com courtesy of Style.com

Minnetonka booties
Photo from vogue.com courtesy of Zappos.com

1 comments:

Jen in SLO said...

So super excited to follow your blog. I'm sure it will be as fabulous as you are. :)

Post a Comment